Dear Biker community around the world!
Based on our long term experience in Kalimantan, we are offering a variety of Motorbike tours in and around Kalimantan and also all over Indonesia. Our Motorbike tours are usually full of adventure and challenges you hardly experience with other tour operators.
Are you looking for the adventure and an adrenaline kick? Then don’t hesitate and study our special offers. Kalimantan (called Borneo in the Malaysian part) is known as a much undeveloped island. Therefore on some trips we simply can’t guarantee that you’ll reach a daily target! Bridges can be missing, therefore making it necessary to construct a raft or a temporary bridge first to cross a creek. Or, the tropical rain suddenly turns the gravel road into a series of slippery mud holes; or a fallen tree blocks the track and creates a huge obstacle on our ride to the next hostel! Maybe we have to bivouac in the middle of nowhere. Be prepared for the unforeseen – Motorbike Touring in Kalimantan!
On our off-road trips into the interior, you will never sleep in a comfortable 3-star hotel because they simply don’t exist! In the best case it will be a simple B&B, or just a rest on the floor in the living room of local people. But, you will experience the hospitality of the local Dayak communities; you will get in touch with nature and the indigenous culture and life of Kalimantan.
You see, if you are looking for an obstacle-free trip without anything unforeseen, maybe you should choose another tour operator…
Our tour program depends on the season, your special inquiries and availability of guides and motorbikes. Just get in touch with us and we will create your favored trip.
Below some samples:
Sample Tour 1
Palangka Raya Sightseeing: for beginners, warm-up on our motorbikes, sightseeing, visiting the Tangkiling hills, the Orang Utan rehabilitation centre and the “Fantacy Beach”, getting in touch with nature around Palangka Raya. A simple 1-Day trip, approx. 100 km and pillion is possible.
Sample Tour 2
Dayak Longhouse Tour: for advanced riders, 2 days, approx. 390 km, staying overnight in a traditional Dayak Longhouse, mostly on sealed roads but some parts on gravel roads, riding in the country side, passing by traditional villages and small cities. This is a high fun and low adventure trip; pillion only for very experienced riders.
Sample Tour 3
Forest Tour 1: for advanced riders, 2 days, approx. 360 km, spending the night in a traditional Dayak village, approx. 60% on sealed roads, rest on gravel and forest tracks, medium adventure level and pillion is not possible. You will experience the forests, get in touch with logging activities and will ride on active logging roads.
Sample Tour 4
Forest Tour 2: for experienced off-road riders, 5 days and 4 nights with 1 day in reserve, full adventure off-road riding, no guarantee to get through! Approximately 530 km, half on sealed roads, half on full gravel and clay roads. The survival kid will be indispensable as well as the machete and the hand-chainsaw. We will at least once spend the night in a self-made hut in the jungle and experience the sounds of the tropical rain forest.
Sample Tour 5
South Kalimantan Tour: for advanced riders, 5 days and 4 nights, Approx. 1’250km, mostly on sealed roads, low adventure and full fun riding. Riding through cities, visiting sandy beaches, enjoying the beauty of a pass road, relaxing in a hot spring resort and experiencing the endless countryside of Kalimantan. Pillion not recommended.
Sample Tour 6
All-around Borneo Tour: this tour is the ultimate high end experience for experienced riders! Approx. 4’800km, crossing three countries (which can be like gambling with authorities…), visiting the 4 most exposed tips of Borneo, riding on mountain pass roads, crossing the equator twice, snorkeling and/or diving in some of the most beautiful underwater worlds, the possibility of climbing the more than 4’000m high Mount Kinibalu, visiting caves, hot springs, passing by hundreds of villages and cities – just full of pure adventure! The trip is calculated for 30 days, but needs 1 week in reserve.
For your comfort, we offer a variety of facilities as follows:
For tour preparation before and regeneration after the trip, you can enjoy our beautiful Bukit Raya Guesthouse in a natural environment with tropical life style, small pool, natural garden, maybe with a sweet drink and a nice massage. We are happy to host motor bike groups form other tour operators and offer our repair and hosting facilities for passing by motor bike travelers.
Till 2014, the Indonesian Government didn’t allow motorbikes bigger than 250ccm. We decided to ride the new Honda CB150R for our on-the-road trips. Considering that we have to load our bikes frequently to ferries or small boats, the 130kg heavy Honda is ideal for a purpose like this and still has enough power and very nice acceleration for single riders.
We have also 1 Suzuki 250ccm touring bike in our garage.
For our off-road trips, we use the Yamaha YT 115. This light weight is ideal for combined tracks including heavy off-roading. In the forests it can be repaired easily and is easy to handle. Its high torque and big back wheel gear allows even heavy westerners to drive comfortable in steep mountains.
You will be accompanied by experienced guides. The guides will show and explain the local culture and habits. They will guide you to nice spots of interest and bring you in contact with local people along the track. For some trips, an expat guide will be obligatory; for some off-road trips you will be accompanied by local guides as well, especially in the forest. For long trips on the road we offer helmet to helmet voice connection.
We calculate fair all-include costs and declare clearly in advance, what costs are not included. You are charged on a daily basis which includes the following:
- Rent of motorbike, including normal maintenance, fuel, oil and standard spare parts.
- Insurance for the motorbike. The deductible you pay in advance as deposit payment will be reimbursed after the trip, provided that the motorbike is still in a good condition.
- Full accommodation, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and drinks in regular pauses during the trip.
- Guide with his own motorbike, salary and full accommodation.
- Helmet, motorbike jackets, gloves and boots are available on request (you can bring your own as well).
For a fixed quote, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.
Terms and conditions:
In general, we follow the principals below:
- Payment of the trip in advance, money back guarantee in case the program is changed significantly, due to force majeure or technical reasons.
- International or national driving license is required in any case and we will check!
- Fines and penalties to be paid by customer.
- A deposit payment is required to pay damages on the bikes or deductible of insurance.
- The tour program can change, based on local conditions, weather, water level in the rivers, roads getting disconnected etc. We all have to subordinate to the power of nature.
- For trips abroad, everybody needs a visa or entry permit into Malaysia and Brunei Darussalam. Persona non grata in these countries are excluded from participation.
- Special expenses, such as tourist attractions, visa fees, diving, snorkeling etc. are not included in our price scheme.
- We are riding hand gear bikes. Inexperienced riders can be excluded from trips by the tour operator.
- We respect local customs, cultures and habits of the people we are visiting and we hold back our own habits and customs in case of violation.
- During the trip, we accept zero tolerance towards alcohol and medicine abuse. During rest days, we keep consumption under control and stop consuming in time to be prepared for the next ride.
Contents can change from time to time without prior notice